Raw Cashew & Raspberry Cheesecake
This is the perfect wow to end any meal (even breakfast). As well as being super delicious it’s also blended full of goodness.
Place nuts and dates in a OmniBlend V with sea salt and blend until they are to your desired texture. Test the crust by spooning out a small amount of mixture and rolling it in your hands. If the ingredients hold together, your crust is perfect. Scoop out crust mixture in a 20cm spring-form pan (if you don’t have a spring-form pan, use a pie plate lined with cling wrap), and press firmly, making sure that the edges are well packed and that the base is relatively even throughout. Rinse your OmniBlend V well.
Warm coconut oil and honey in a small saucepan on low heat until liquid. Whisk to combine.
In the OmniBlend V place all filling ingredients (except raspberries) and blend on high until very smooth (this make take a couple minutes so be patient).
Pour about 2/3 (just guesstimate it) of the mixture out onto the crust and smooth with a spatula. Add the raspberries or strawberries or mix of both to the remaining filling and blend on high until smooth. Pour onto the first layer of filling. Place in freezer until solid.
To serve, remove from freezer 30 minutes prior to eating. Run a smooth, sharp knife under hot water and cut into slices. Serve on its own, or with fresh fruit. Store leftovers in the freezer (what leftovers?).
- 1/2 cup raw almonds (pecan or walnuts will also work)
- 1/2 cup soft Medjool dates
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews, soaked for at least 5 hours, overnight is best
juice of 2 lemons
- the seeds of 1 whole vanilla bean (or 1 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract)
- 1/3 cup raw coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup raw honey (solid or liquid)(Vegans use agave nectar)
- 1 cup raspberries (thaw completely if using frozen) or 1 cup fresh strawberries or mix of both